DBS Woman’s Card Review
This DBS Woman’s Card review is based on 5 months of online spend using its Woman’s World MasterCard (WWMC).
For clarity sake, this article is about WWMC but I may also refer it as DBS Woman’s Card or Ladies Card.
When you search for DBS miles card, you will likely see these 2 cards hoarding the limelight:
And the main reason why people chose the latter is: you can earn 10X DBS Points (20 miles) for every S$5 online spend.
This works out to be 4 miles per S$1 spent online.
I applied for this ladies card – yes, men “do get it” 😉 – and test it out on all my online spending for the past 5 months.
And I seek to help you answer these burning questions:
- How to apply for this DBS credit card easily?
- How are the 10X points awarded?
- How to calculate the points/miles earned for local spend?
- How to calculate the points/miles earned for overseas spend?
- Which payment qualifies for the 10X points?
- Which payment does not qualify for the 10X points?
- What about the annual fee?
Here’s what I have learnt.
How To Easily Apply for DBS Woman’s Card?
For existing DBS/POSB credit card holders
It will need 5 minutes of your time to apply via iBanking. You are not required to submit any supporting documentation.
Here’s the quick guide:
- Login to DBS Internet Banking
- Hover mouse over Apply and click Credit Cards
- Select DBS WOMAN’S WORLD MASTERCARD CARD
- Click Apply
- Complete Personal and Contact Details
- Click Next
- Read Terms and click Next to agree
- Click Submit
For new DBS/POSB credit card applicants
Here’s what you have to do:
- Visit DBS Woman’s Card
- Click on Apply now (under “DBS Woman’s World Card”)
- Complete according to the various options provided to you
How Are The DBS Miles/Points Awarded?
The 10X DBS Points only apply to the first S$2,000 online spend per calendar month.
It is awarded to qualifying transactions over 2 stages:
Stage 1 – One business day after the transaction posted date.
For every S$5 online spend, the following will be awarded first:
- 1X DBS Point (for local transaction in SGD)
- 3X DBS Points (for overseas transaction in Foreign Currency)
Stage 2 – 16th of next calendar month.
The remaining extra DBS points will be awarded next:
- 9X DBS Points (for local transaction in SGD)
- 7X DBS Points (for overseas transaction in Foreign Currency)
Note: If 16th falls on a non-working day, it will be awarded on the next business day.
How to Calculate for Local Transaction (in SGD)?
Let’s say I made a payment of S$25.80 on Qoo10 Singapore (via Mobile App).
For Stage 1 (1X DBS Point Awarded)
For S$X local online spend, it will be $X x 1/5 = round down to nearest whole number
S$25.80 x 1/5 = 5 DBS Points will be credited.
For Stage 2 (9X DBS Point Awarded)
For S$X local online spend, it will be $X x 9/5 = round down to nearest whole number
S$25.80 x 9/5 = 46 DBS Points will be credited.
So in total, S$25.80 will earn you 51 DBS Points (or 102 Miles) in total.
How to Calculate for Overseas Transaction (in Foreign Currency)?
Let’s say I paid ¥158 on Taobao.com (via Web Browser) and I’m billed S$31.45 after conversion.
For Stage 1 (3X DBS Point Awarded)
For S$X overseas online spend, it will be $X x 3/5 = round down to nearest whole number
So, S$31.45 x 3/5 = 18 DBS Points will be credited.
For Stage 2 (7X DBS Point Awarded)
For S$X overseas online spend, it will be $X x 7/5 = round down to nearest whole number
So, S$31.45 x 7/5 = 44 DBS Points will be credited.
So in total, S$31.45 will earn you 62 DBS Points (or 124 Miles) in total.
What Qualifies for 10X DBS Points? (Updated 1st Nov 2018)
At this point, you will be asking yourself:
- Does this transaction qualify as an online spend?
- Is it considered a local or overseas transaction?
- Are payments made via PayPal considered?
To answer these questions, I’ve monitored DBS points credited for 50+ online transactions. And here are my findings:
Watch this list as I will continue to work on it.
Qualify for 10X DBS Points (Local Spend)
- Changi Recommends*
- GrabPay Credits*
- Guardian SG*
- Hotels.com (Singapore)*
- Klook Singapore*
- Microsoft Online Store*
- Qoo10 SG*
- QuickBooks Online+
- Singapore Airlines*
Qualify for 10X DBS Points (Overseas Spend)
- Google Suite+
* Paid by Credit Card
+ Paid by PayPal (Linked to Credit Card)
Does NOT Qualify for 10X DBS Points
- Amazon AWS
- Vodien Webhosting
- All transactions excluded by Terms & Conditions
How About The Annual Fee?
The annual fee of S$192.60 is waived for the first year. For later years, you can easily have the credit card annual/late fee waived.
If you have any questions about my DBS Woman’s Card review, let me know in the comments section below. And I’ll do my best to answer them!
Reviewed Item: DBS Woman’s World MasterCard
Author Rating: 5